onsdag, februari 21, 2007

fly stitch


This weeks stitch is fly stitch at "Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge" I have already done this piece for a couple of years ago, and here is a lot of fly stitch, and som other stitch too. Today we have a lot of snow here..............but I am WAITING FOR SPRING
Denna veckan är det Fly stitch, eller som vi kallar det på svenska Y-stygn eller kvistsöm, som gäller för Take a stitch.............Detta broderi gjorde jag för några år sedan. Det innehåller massor av Y-stygn, och en del andra stygn också!

8 kommentarer:

quiltpixie sa...

I love the various "bits" of fabric under the fly stitches... are the fly stitches holding it all together, is it fused, is it quilted? Inquiring minds want to know :-)

Shelina sa...

These are both so pretty! I really like the fun backgrounds - all the different stitches you used to make it so much fun. I especially like the daisies in the bottom left corner.

Micki sa...

Beautiful colors in this piece. Yes, I too, was wondering if the pieces are fused or sewn? That is a lot of fly stitching. What size is this piece?

Christine sa...

I'm always amazed at how the various needlearts "crossover", here is a wonderful melding of quilting and embroidery! Your colours are stunning, and it is very easy to see a cottage garden scene. Very Monet! Congratulations. Christine in sunny Sydney, Australia.

Simonetta sa...

Uaaauuu Gunnel!!!It is very beautiful job!!!

MargaretR sa...

That is a lovely piece of art. All using fly stitch!

Dianne sa...

I soooo love this piece Gunnel! It is just gorgeous!!

Helen in the UK sa...

Love your TAST piece. Thanks also for the explanation of how you worked the background. I'm really impressed with the stitching :)